Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 22:49:24 -0700
From:      Paul Saab <paul@mu.org>
To:        "Barrett G. Lyon" <blyon@theshell.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 3960D Ultra160 issues

Turn off write caching.
On recent 4.1 stable
echo "WCE: 0" | camcontrol modepage da0 -m 8 -P 3
On older 4.1 stable
EDITOR="/usr/bin/perl  -i -pe 's/1/0/g if /^WCE/'" camcontrol \
    modepage da0 -m 8 -P 3

Its a bug with U160 drives these days..  The otherway to fix it is to
get an updated firmware from your drive manufacturer.

paul

--
Paul Saab
Technical Yahoo