Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:57:18 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        John McCullough <jmccullough@hmc.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cardbus help

> I'd like to get card bus working, however under 5.0-current my pcmcia
> controller is failing to load with the message:
>
> pccbb0: <TI4451 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 15.0 on pci2
> pcib2: device pccbb0 requested unsupported memory randge
> 0x10000000-0xffffffff (decoding 0xf4000000-0xfbffffff, 0xfff00000-0xfffff)
> pccbb0: Could not grab register memory
>
> any insight? or will I have the pleasure of tinkering with the kerne?

This is a bug in the way that the pccbb code allocates the register
window when it hasn't been set up.  The "real" fix actually requires the
PCI code to configure the cardbus controller, but we don't do that yet
(we desperately need to, though).

As a workaround for you, though, try adjusting the memory that the driver
requests for the register window to be based at 0xf4000000.