Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 2016 21:26:41 +0000
From:      James Lodge <James@Lodge.me.uk>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: vxlan interface rc.conf configuration

>I'd appreciate some help with vxlan interface creation at boot up. I can c=
reate a vxlan interface (unicast) using >ifconfig(8) but I'm unable to work=
 out or find the correct rc.conf syntax.

>I can clone the interface, but cannot configure a vni or any other paramet=
ers.

>This is what I have

>rc.conf

>cloned_interfaces=3D"vxlan0"

>ifconfig_vxlan0=3D"vxlanid 100 vxlanlocal x.x.x.x vxlanremote x.x.x.x inet=
 x.x.x.x netmask x.x.x.x"

>I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but any help gratefully received.

>Regards

>James

FYI if anyone is interested, I worked out how to create a vxlan interface i=
n rc.conf at boot. I'll see about updating the man pages with an example as=
 it wasn't very clear, atleast not to me! [&#X1f60a]

rc.conf

create_args_vxlan0=3D"vxlanid 100 vxlanlocal x.x.x.x vxlanremote x.x.x.x"

cloned_interfaces=3D"vxlan0"

ifconfig_vxlan0=3D"inet x.x.x.x netmask x.x.x.x"

Hope it helps someone else and saves them time.

Regards

James