Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 10:10:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>
To:        reeser@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printer prints 2x the size...

The problem is in the filters, :if=...:

The printer is expecting a formfeed to tell it to print the page and
eject it.

The print size is due to the font selected.  Is the behavior the same
for all three filters? '

Make a 2 page text file, one with about 90 lines in it.  Call it
2page.txt.

Try:  lpr -Pascii 2page.txt
      lpr -Plp    2page.txt
      lpr -Praw   2page.txt

Is the output the same for all three?  You should get at least one
page ejected for each lpr command, even if there is no formfeed.

If none of the lpr commands work as you expect, and you want me to
look, send the files:

/home/local/apsfilter/filter/aps-ljet4l-letter-ascii-mono
/home/local/apsfilter/filter/aps-ljet4l-letter-auto-mono
/home/local/apsfilter/filter/aps-ljet4l-letter-raw

If the files are shell scripts, I normally use:
cat <filename> | mail -s "ljet4l filter" tomdean@ix.netcom.com

If the files are not scripts, send the source.  Try 'file <filename>'.
This will tell you what kind of file it is.