Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 1995 20:09:05 GMT
From:      Robert Gorichanaz <wraith@hollywood.cinenet.net>

Heya.

If you've got a second, I'm having some problems installing the
ip_filtering software under FreeBSD-2.1.0

Bascically, I've followed the instructions in INSTALL.FreeBSD
(build the package, patched kernel files, rebuilt, installed
the software, rebooted) with fresh kernel sources each time.

When i attempt to run the software compiled into the kernel,
i get errors such as:

mnemonic# ipmon
/dev/ipl: open: Device not configured

If I attempt to configure the software as a loadable kernel
module, when I modload it, all the functions come up as
multiply defined.

I've tried it with /dev/ipl as "mknod /dev/ipl c 20 0" and
"mknod /dev/ipl c 59 0" (both are mentioned in the INSTALL
files) with no success.

Do I need to have "options IPFIREWALL" and/or any other options
defined in the kernel config file?  Is there something trivial
that I'm not seeing?  I've been hacking at this for the past
2 days to no avail.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

-bob

--GAA02239.811800566/ledoux.arbld.unimelb.EDU.AU--