Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 16:22:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        ambrisko@whistle.com, nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cardbus controller status request / notebook update

Nate Williams writes:
| Ahh, this is only for the TI1130?  I didnt' realize that this even
| worked with FreeBSD w/out the PAO patches.

Yes current has been working for a while with my NEC Versa 6030X.  It uses
a TI1130.  Basically it just emulates the VLSI 82C146 in default ISA mode
which I think the BIOS programs it for.

| > I guess my question is, that when booting -v with a 6832 what does the
| > probe return for the port of the 6832?  On my card it returned 0.
|
| What do you mean?  The ISA emulation port?  Ted would be the guy to know
| what it normally says.

The port printed in the following message:
	if (bootverbose)
	printf("CardBus: Legacy PC-card 16bit I/O address [0x%x]\n",
		   io_port);

Emulation appears to be in a couple of modes:
	ISA legacy 	-> look like an old style controller on the ISA bus.
	Interrupt only 	-> the controller runs on PCI but can trigger
			   ISA interrupts with ISA interrupt glue.
Doug A.