Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 1996 11:37:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      tim@print.gfmurray.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Subnetting

>On Tue, 17 Sep 1996, Ben Black wrote:
>
>>http://www.jensen.com/subnet/
>
>(Good, useful page - thanks Ben)
>
>Which prompts my next question, since this is going to take a
>little dns reorganisation to simplify...
>
>Is there any way - other than using ip aliases on the machines in
>question (a couple of them simply don't have that capability
>since they're running relatively dumb operating systems) - of
>"remapping" an incoming packet from one IP address to another?
>This would only be for a few days, until the dns updates
>propogates.

Check the IPNAT feature of IP FILTER ... you'll have to poke around a bit to
get your kernel patched to accomodate it (run the minstall in the FreeBSD
directory, reconfig your kernel, reboot, then "make bsd" to compile IP
filter)...over all it's a breeze to install

>Regards,
>David
>
>David Nugent, Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
>Voice +61-3-791-9547 Data/BBS +61-3-792-3507 3:632/348@fidonet
>davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn

Tim Baird

Dominus Fecit
"The Lord Made"

Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer etc. etc