Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:45:56 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, WATANABE Kiyoshi <aab10490@pop16.odn.ne.jp>, Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com>
Subject:   RE: linmodem on freebsd

On 11-Nov-2001 Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>  On 11-Nov-2001 Dinesh Nair wrote:
> >  could i ask what this addresses ? (note the sources i had worked fine
> >  without the patch above)

Whoops.
I think I completely misinterpreted your question :)

I can't actually remember directly why I did that :)

I think it was probably because the win modem in my computer shares an IRQ with
8 other devices.. If the ltmdm driver is loaded before any others it will grab
that IRQ for it's own use and nothing else will be able to attach properly (eg
USB, ethernet).

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum