Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:26:04 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Dan Moschuk <dan@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD security auditing project.

In message <19991124104107.A264@spirit.jaded.net> Dan Moschuk writes:
: I have a set up diff's that introduce OpenBSDs concept of random pids and
: source port (with a sysctl knob for you sequential weenies) that will have
: to be updated again before I commit them.

I'd like to review this before it goes in, but if I'm unresponsive
don't let this request stop you.

This is the second class of things we can do to FreeBSD to make it
more secure.  One is to find bugs in the current programs that might
lead to root (and others that don't, since bugs are bugs).  The other
is to step back and say "hey, if we did blah, then it would
significantly deter foo attacks."

Warner