Date:      Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:53:08 +0200
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        FUJISHIMA Satsuki <sf@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, kris@obsecurity.org
Subject:   Re: Needed: compat5x package

On Saturday 20 of August 2005 02:56, FUJISHIMA Satsuki wrote:
> At Sat, 20 Aug 2005 06:07:10 +0900 (JST),
[snip]
> Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> > From misc/localedata pkg-descr and comment it seems this is what should
> > be used. I took dependency from compat4x port. I will CC the maintainer,
> > just to be sure...
>
> I've made that port to be used not only by compat4x but compat5x.

Great, thanks for confirming that.

> I like your idea to build libc with modified _PATH_LOCALE.

That would be hrs' idea, but I like it too :)

So I've made distfiles from RELENG_5_4 build with locale tweak for alpha,
amd64, i386 and sparc64. Here's the port:

http://agrajag.ijs.si/tinderbox/stuff/compat5/compat5x-port-5.4.0.6.tar.bz2

and the distfiles (though fetching through the port should work as well):

http://agrajag.ijs.si/tinderbox/stuff/compat5/compat5x-alpha-5.4.0.6.tar.bz2
http://agrajag.ijs.si/tinderbox/stuff/compat5/compat5x-amd64-5.4.0.6.tar.bz2
http://agrajag.ijs.si/tinderbox/stuff/compat5/compat5x-i386-5.4.0.6.tar.bz2
http://agrajag.ijs.si/tinderbox/stuff/compat5/compat5x-sparc64-5.4.0.6.tar.bz2

Kris, is this in general direction of what you had in mind? The final
distfiles should probably come from more official source, but cperciva's
freebsd-update that Brooks mentioned is i386 only. This can perhaps be used
temporarily to run tests on pointyhat though.
I checked lang/ghc and it compiled (after adding dependency) and
security/drweb also works with this.
Oh, the version 5.4.0.6 is supposed to reflect 5.4-p6 while still allowing
things like 5.2.1-p3, is there a better way to compose a version string?

Dejan