Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:47:36 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Lists Account <lists@security.za.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI -> PCMCIA Bridge Adapter

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 08:25:56PM +0200, Lists Account wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just was wondering if anyone out there knew of any drivers that support
> the pccard PCI -> PCMCIA bridge adapter, also made by pccard (see
> www.pccard.co.uk), similar to the ISA -> PCMICIA bridge adapter that is
> currently supported under FreeBSD
>
> If anyone knows of such a driver please let me know, any help on this one
> would be much appreciated

I think there was talk on -mobile about this recently, with someone
(I can't remember who, but Warner Losch comes to mind) saying that
this cannot be done in 4.x-stable at the moment, and it shall not
be done in 4.x-stable ever.  It's supposed to work in -current, due
to the complete rewrite of the PCMCIA/CardBus code there.

Sorry, but :(  I myself was up against this problem, and I ended up
getting a PCMCIA -> ISA bridge - it works flawlessly in -stable.

G'luck,
Peter

--
No language can express every thought unambiguously, least of all this one.