Date:      Sun, 01 Dec 2013 21:34:32 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quad-port Gigabit NIC

Hi all,

I'm looking at upgrading my fiewwall/gateway from a Pentium III machine to
an AMD64 machine (I can get a MB for a good price and I have a number of
AMD64 chips, including a good X2 4200+ kicking around, I just need memory,
a CPU cooler, and a quad port gigabit NIC).

The issue is that the old Pentium III, an Asus CUSL2-C, has five PCI slots
in which I have five NICs. I'm looking to replace it with an Asus M2A-VM
with a quad gigabit NIC. What have people had good results with? What do
folks recommend?

Why? All of my machines are amd64 capable, except for the firewall/gateway
and an old laptop, which is used as a testbed. Replacing the old CUSL2-C MB
with a newer MB will allow me to have a homogeneous amd64 shop rather than
the current heterogeneous amd64/i386 farm I have downstairs.

Oh yes, it needs to be economical too.

Any and all pointers would be appreciated.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>