Date:      Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:30:11 -0000 (GMT)
From:      jhall@vandaliamo.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bootable CD with Custom Kernel

Is it possible to create a bootable CD with a custom kernel for FreeBSD?

I maintain several servers in remote locations  and rather than drive
whenever there is an update, I would prefer to just simply send the
offices a bootable CD with the new software.  So, all they would have to
do is restart the server with the new CD and the software/operating
system/whatever is updated.

On the CD I can see having the kernel, /sbin and /bin directories, with
the remainder of the directories (i.e. /var, /etc, etc.) remaining on the
hard drive.

I'd appreciate any direction anyone can give me regarding this.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jay