Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:14:23 +0200
From:      Albin Vega <albinv4616@gmail.com>
Subject:   Problem connecting to fd on client server

Hello!

I am trying to set up a backup-job on a win 2008 server over internet. I
have done this successfully on two other servers, but I am having trouble
with this one.  Here=92s the bacula-dir.config file on the clientserver (th=
at
is to be backed up). The fd service is running on both backup-client/server=
.

#  For Bacula release 5.0.3 (08/05/10) -- Windows MinGW32
FileDaemon {                            # this is me
  Name =3D clientserver-fd
  FDport =3D 9102                # where we listen for the director
  WorkingDirectory =3D "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\working"
  Pid Directory =3D "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\working"
# Plugin Directory =3D "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\plugins"

  Maximum Concurrent Jobs =3D 10
}
#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
#
Director {
  Name =3D backupserver.domain.no-fd
  Password =3D "backupserver-fd-password=94
}

#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the file daemon
#

Director {
  Name =3D client-mon
  Password =3D " backupserver-fd-password=94
  Monitor =3D yes
}

# Send all messages except skipped files back to Director
Messages {
  Name =3D Standard
  director =3D backupserver.domain.no-fd =3D all, !skipped, !restored
}
I have checked the FD name (of the backupserver) and password in the
clientserver bacula-dir.config file many times, and it seems to be
correct. I have restarted the service many times on both the backupserver
and the clientserver. I have also reinstalled bacula on the clientserver.
 I thought that it could be a problem with the forwarding in the firewall
but when I ran an estimate command on the client-job I got the following
message:

Failed to connect to Client.

You have messages.

*messages
13-Oct 13:08 backupserver.domain.no-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Unable to
authenticate with File daemon at " client-ip-adress:9102". Possible causes:

Passwords or names not the same or
Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the FD or
FD networking messed up (restart daemon).
Please see
http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION=
003760000000000000000for
help.

*

It looks as if the backupserver gets contact with the File Demon on the
client server but there is something going wrong with authentication. Also,
I can connect to the backupserver using bat and bconsole from the client
server. The only thing that doesn=92t seem to work is to connect from the
backupserver to the clientservers file demon.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Best regards
Albin