Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 16:05:39 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tagged IBM ATA drives under nowadays -stable

Dear colleagues,

am I the only unlucky person who stucks with non-working tagged ATA drives
from IBM with nowadays ata?

All our systems with different chipsets (from Intel TX to VIA K7) with ata
tags enabled drops to ata timeouts, and then swiths to PIO mode, where
(partly) successively works.

Soren reports he can't reproduce the problem with his hardware; but, I
have test box available with serial console and ready to provide access to
it and would be happy to track down and fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]