Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:07:30 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, "Benjamin M. Manes" <maneben@charlie.cns.iit.edu>, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Slashdot BSD section up and running

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 10:34:37PM -0400, Chris Coleman wrote:
> > For DN I can either follow this 'policy' (it's more custom than policy),
> > or I can remember to mention the new DN issue at the beginning of each
> > month, without linking directly to the articles.
>
> I would prefer that a particular article be chosen and linked to.  I would
> also prefer that it actually show up on the main page, instead of being
> tucked away in the fine print.  At least until people start reading the
> BSD page.

Sounds good.  If you want to give me a heads up a couple of days before
each issue goes up we can prep a story and associated link.  /. stories
get held in a queue and we can activate them at a set time, at which point
they're automatically posted, so it's not like we need to coordinate this
at the last minute or anything like that.

Obviously, for the front page of /. it would help if the chosen story was
of relevance to more than one BSD (and, ideally, the other free software
efforts as well).  For example, either the "Dual CPU" article or Greg's
Daemon Advocate column would have made good front page material, IMHO.