Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:36:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        jeff@FreeBSD.ORG, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Still problems with ULE

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> I gave ULE another try just now, following your recent commits, and
> I'm seeing even worse problems:
>
> At boot time when the X server is loading, disk activity occurs
> briefly about once every 2 seconds; the mouse is active briefly at the
> same time, and nothing much else happens for about a minute until the
> entire system deadlocks.

Very weird.  Is this on UP or SMP?  I'm still working on a couple of
issues with ule.  I think I am very happy with the dynamic priority
selection now but in the process the slice size selection got kinda dirty.
Its pretty much bug for bug compatible with the old scheduler's context
switching decisions but the errors there are more serious with this
design.  I also think the max slice size is way too high now.  I was
experimenting with that and I accidentally checked it in.

I think I know what the remaining problems are.  I'll make a post on
current@ when they're all sorted out.

Thanks for testing!

Cheers,
Jeff