Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 11:28:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
To:        "John M. Purser" <jpurser@wilcofarmers.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Newbies (E-mail)" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: John's Progress Report - The Saga Continues

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, John M. Purser wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> At Sue's suggestion and with the help of the Pedantic PPP Primer (site
> http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/ppp.html ) I've almost finished setting up
> my PPP configuration.  While I have no idea if it will actually work a few
> progress checks (like # hostname) indicate that I'm on the right track.
>
> The only snags I've found so far were the reference to /etc/sysconfig which has
> been replaced by /etc/rc.conf.  I really like the ee editor.  If I had to learn
> vi before I started changing my config files this would take a lot longer!

Funny you mention the ee editor.  I was hangin' out one day on #freebsd on
the efnet.  I was just lurkin, trying to soak up all the unix guru-ness
from the elite.  Well low and behold, a spat broke out.  Insults were
shared and one of which was, "Your mom uses ee.", which kinda made me
afraid to admit that I use ee.  Hell, I agree with you ee is easy, and vi
is a bitch to learn.  But, just to hel ya out...#freebsd guys can be
unforgiving it seems to us newbies.  :)  Take care and good luck.  If ya
have X running, try playing with xemacs.  It's cool because you can just
point and click.  And it has the control key combinations stated so that
you can learn them as you go, then you won't really need to point and
click.  Now, go forth and prosper young Unix hacker, and may the force be
with you. :)

> All the news that is the news!
>
> John

Bear

Joseph Garcia
Downey, CA
bear@pacificnet.net
"Dont drink and drive, you might spill the beer."