Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2005 12:11:43 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Cc:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@www.kukulies.org>
Subject:   Re: current i4b - recommendation?

On Thursday 08 September 2005 10:03, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> I'm thinking of upgrading the FreeBSD gateway machine
> (currently 5.2.1 of April 2004 with i4b).
>
> I read among the lines of a new isdn package (c4b?) - or is it something
> different?
>
> Anyway, can anyone recommend whether I sould use either 4.8 stable,
> the latest 5.4 , a 6.0 BETA or a 6.0-current?
>
> I mean particularly with respect to I4B.

If you go with FreeBSD 5/6/7 and install my I4B package, you will get I4B and
CAPI 2.0 in one. This package currently works with most passive ISDN
adapters.

Download the three files below into a new directory and type "make install".
To uninstall type "make deinstall".

http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/155/Makefile
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/new_ihfc_1_5_5.tar.bz2
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/new_ihfc_1_5_5.diff.bz2