Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 1996 11:11:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        chet@po.CWRU.Edu
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, mitayai@constantchange.on.ca
Subject:   Re: hackers-digest V1 #974

> Add the following line to the mailcap file of your choice:
>
> application/pgp; cat %s; copiousoutput

Forgive me if I don't rush right out and install PGP on my box.
Since this is just a signature, not an encrypted message, it's
only marginally useful in verifying identity (since it could be
double-blinded and forged anyway).

It's annoying to see this sort of thing on a list... if we cared
about PGP signatures, Majordomo would verify PGP keys, not us,
and list messages would be PGP'ed at the Majordomo side so we
could be sure it was, in fact, the list that sent the thing.

For all I know, Jordan is adding the PGP signature to those messages
from BSDI using his own made-up key just to be annoying.  Or maybe
Rod Grimes is doing it so he can sell me more disk space (which I
would need if I installed the programs and modified my mailc[r]ap
file every time someone weenied a new MIME type onto a mailing list).

8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---