Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 09:09:17 +0200
From:      Thomas Runge <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TV Users - Let me bounce this off you

Randall Hopper wrote:

>      Been thinking about a way to make writing TV apps easier (not just
> easy; trivial!).  An API that would allow folks to literally write their
> own in Python or Tcl TV app with 5-10 lines of code.

Well, making complicated things esier is almost always a good idea :-)

But it's necessary to specify a good API, which lets you make simple
things easy, but doesn't stop you making more complicated tasks.
I didn't have a look into the Video4Linux API, but wouldn't it be
a good idea to support that?
And how about supporting multiple output sources?

--
Tom