Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:51:35 -0700
From:      Andrew Leonard <lists@hurricane-ridge.com>
To:        Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LSI 9240-4i 4K alignment

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org> wrote:

> On the dmesg posted the firmware on the card is phase 11.  This *must*
> be in lockstep with the driver version or the card may not play nicely.
>  FreeBSD 8.3 and 9.0 have v13 of the driver, the upcoming 9.1 will have
> v14.  Note that v14 fixes a *ton* of stability bugs, including issues
> where bad drives would hang the controller or prevent systems from booting.

Oof, good to know.  I happen to have a server with v9 9211 firmware
and v13 mps drivers that's having stability problems under load; it
will be interesting to see if updating the firmware solves the
problem.  Is there someplace I should have been checking to know that
this was a requirement?

Thanks,
Andy