Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 1996 17:43:59 -0700
From:      wjjr@sapphire (John J. Rushford)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Adaptec 2940 AU on 2.1.5

Hi,

I've got a pentium equiped as follows and I cannot load FreeBSD 2.1.5,
apparently the Adaptec 2940AU is not recognized so my CDROM is not
found.  I thought the 2940 was supported?  Any ideas on what I can
do.  After downloading a new boot disk and driver update, I can
successfully load Solaris 2.5.1 x86 but, I would prefer FreeBSD.
Apparently even Solaris would not recognize the 2940AU.  Should I
find a plain vanilla 2940?

BTW, I really like FreeBSD.  You all have done a great job.

Hardware configuration:

  1 Soyo 82430VX/P54C PCI motherboard.
  1 133Mhz Intel CPU.
  2 16MB EDO Simms (32MB total).