Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:25:39 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: asm_pci.h,v Holy cow!

> > If that's the _only_ point, then Garrett Wollman's idea should work
> > perfectly.  Stick the files under CVS
>
> No, that was not my proposal.  I want to keep them out of CVS
> entirely.  CVS is Not Good at handling binary files (even if you never
> change them).  That's why I'd like them in a separate hierarchy.

Actually, CVS1.10 is *MUCH* better at handling binary files, although
you must be sure to set them up as binary files.

It works cross-platform and such, but if the file is not added as a
binary file, it really gets nasty. ;(

(Plus all of the size bloating issues, but that's a seperate issue IMO).

Nate