Date:      Fri, 05 Oct 2007 09:57:34 -0700
From:      Edward Buck <ed@bashware.net>
To:        oliver@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: courier-imap-4.2.0

This is regarding the recent update courier-imap-4.2.0.

Not sure if something has changed in functionality or perhaps there was
an incompatible configuration change but the update broke my imaps
setup.  I admit that my SSL libraries might be the problem since there
was recently a security update for SSL.

I updated SSL using freebsd-update (binary updates) which before today
has been pretty reliable.  Afterwards, my old courier-imap still worked
fine (perhaps because it was still using the old libraries?). Then last
night, I updated courier and imaps stopped working (I don't run anything
on the standard imap port).

The error is:

Oct  5 09:40:00 kafka imapd-ssl: couriertls: connect: error:1408F10B:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

Just wanted to see if this is something others are noticing with the
upgrade.  My setup is very vanilla (i386, default make options, generic
kernel, standard userland) so I don't think it's system-specific.

I'll be doing some more testing today, including running a non-SSL setup
to check if courier-imap is okay in other respects.

Thanks!
Ed