Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:14:17 -0500
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        "Mike Smith" <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How good is AMI MegaRAID support?

| In summary, however, I would at this very moment recommend the Mylex
| adapter family over the AMI family.  I'm hoping to bring things to a more
| equitable state in the coming months, but time alone will tell.

Any idea if OEM'd DAC960s work as well?  I have a couple of HP 'HPDA'
controllers, which are actually  Mylex DAC960PLs.  They mate nicely with the
HP Disk Arrays (5 x 1GB fast SCSI) also cluttering this place.

When Linux first began supporting the DAC960s, the driver didn't support 2.x
firmware revisions.  Mylex were selling upgrades, but they told me mine
wasn't upgradable.  I'm not sure if the mention of HP earned me a blanket
"No" or if there really is something 'different' about these.  My experience
with other HP OEM'd parts leads me to believe the big difference is in the
sticker on the cache RAM and the BIOS splash text..

--
no .sigs due to patent problems.