Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:38:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Don <don@calis.blacksun.org>
To:        William <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: after the FTP install...booting off internal SCSI ????

> OK, last night the FTP install of 3.1 snapshot it all went very nicely,
> long but went ok), I was asked to remove the floppy and reboot. OK, I
> remove floppy and reboot. Now I am looking at the SRM console prompt ">>>".
> How do I get this thing to boot off the internal SCSI where I installed??
Try executing show devices at the srm prompt and it will give you a list
of disks and things. Boot with the disk returned by this command (usually
dka100 etc). Also look into set boot-device and set auto-boot and other
commands like that. Execute show boot* and show auto* these should give
you more information about the system you are on. And for more (possibly
more accurate) information check ou the various linux alpha sites as well
as the digital and netbsd web site which have a wealth of information on
various alphas and how to install on them.

-Don