Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 1995 04:10:40 PST
From:      Chris Toshok <toshok@cs.uidaho.edu>
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

> I don't normally intrude into other people's legal affairs, but you're
> in violation of the Motif 1.2 source license, unless you're collecting
> Motif run-time royalties and sending them to OSF.

I don't mean to sound rude, but have you actually _read_ the 1.2 license?
I you had, then you'd know that this sort of linking (static) is _not_
in violation of the license.  The OSF defines "Motif Runtime Copy" to
be that used by applications which are statically linked.  It then
states that there is no royalty due the OSF for those applications
using the Motif Runtime Copy.

|Chris Toshok                  |  email: toshok@cs.uidaho.edu     |
| of The Hungry Programmers    |                                  |
|           www: http://www.cs.uidaho.edu/~toshok                 |
 On the internet, no one knows you're a CHICKEN! A GIANT CHICKEN!
    -- Denis Moskowitz