Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 10:46:49 -0400
From:      Herbert M Pollard <hpollard@jps.net>
To:        Marc Dodsworth <marcd@tpg.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cannot mount root Panic

I have a similar problem I have a ibm 13.5 gig ultra ata 66 drive with 3
primary partitions. The first is a 6 gig with win98. The second is a 1
gig with BeOS 4.5.2. The third is a 5+ gig with 3.3. I use Power Quest
boot magic. The install appeared to go find; but after a reboot and
selecting the freebsd partition it reads the hd then tries to read the
floppy and then I get "read error" as a message. I am not sure if I need
to make a boot floppy. During install at the partition editor I got a
message stating that I was outside 1024 limit. Did you get any similar
message? I didn't think scsi had that limitation.

Herb Pollard