Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 00:55:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp blocking

> On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
>
> > I want to limit ftp users by domain...
> > I mean I just want my users to be able to use my ftp server...
> > the same for telnet accounts, I do not want other people
> > to connect to my machine thru telnet from another domain...
> > how may I do this?
>
> I'm not sure what you're asking, but I think you want to use ipfw to block
> any addresses that aren't part of your network.

IPFW will work, but if yuo want, there is an option for FTP which limits
connects.  I'm not sure what it is.  Also, you could hack ftpd and telnetd
to only accept connection from your domain.

Just an idea, I think IPFW would work best for port 23 and 21.

> NOTICE:  Make sure your mailer replies to dwhite@resnet or I won't get it!

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
FreeBSD Rules!  Micro$oft Sucks!  http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/