Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 19:46:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Patrick M Mucci <pmucci@shrike.depaul.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   EZ-Drive & installing from dos partition

I don't have a question at this point, but I think it should be noted
(in BSD lit and faq etc..) that freeBSD will not install from a dos
partition created by ez-drive disk controller software... mostly in use on
older pc's in order to adress disks over 500 megs.

the fdisk editor fails to recognize the dos partitions that ez-drive
makes... why exactly does this happen ? I don't know, and don't have the
time to investigate.

when I remove the drive from ez-drives control and return it to bios...
fbsd install has no problem recognizing the fat16 partitons that are
otherwise 'unknown'.

I may be wrong about this, but if this problem is reported
by others it would probably save some time and frustration

-Pat Mucci