Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 2003 08:50:16 -0600
From:      Craig Boston <craig@meoqu.gank.org>
To:        Illia Baidakov <illich@newchem.ru>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 'long long' warning while compiling mit-kerberos on 4.9-stable

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 04:21 am, Illia Baidakov wrote:
> So I trying to ask you ones again:
> Is it a best practise to use Heimdal Kerberos on FreeBSD? If it's so I
> think I have no limits to orientate myself to use it.

I have no problems using MIT Kerberos on a number of FreeBSD servers /
workstations.  Cy Schubert does a great job of making sure that it works on
FreeBSD and most ports that support Kerberos (cyrus-sasl, PostgreSQL, etc)
support both the Heimdal and MIT implementations equally well.

If you don't want the fuss of trying to port it manually, the work has already
been done.  See /usr/ports/security/krb5.

HTH,
Craig