Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:17:23 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.net.au>
Cc:        Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /boot/kernel/kernel: swap_pager_getswapspace: failed

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001 15:50:15 +1030, Matthew Thyer wrote:

> > Then don't limit the size! :-)
>
> I dont.  So what next ?
>
> Since I dont have much time for debugging FreeBSD, I stopped using
> mfs instead.

This is a very simple problem -- you're running out of space.  If you
can't do anything about the amount of space used in /tmp, then either
swap fills up or you limit the size of mfs.

If you don't like either of those, use a separate partition for /tmp.
But then you may as well use that partition as extra swap space and
continue to mount /tmp in mfs. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.