Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 1995 06:43:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
Cc:        taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SATAN ported??

> (moved to "ports" from "hackers")

>  *     Ignorant comment to come... I compiled perl5001 without any
>  * problems on my machine when it was running 950210.  Not having ever
>  * used perl myself (except to look at other people's scripts), I can't
>  * say for sure it works, except that it passed the test suite that comes
>  * with the package.  How else should I test it?

> That's enough!  Please make a port!  Please!  Please!  Please!!! :)

Someone please do - I tried compiling it using pretty much all the
defaults and get:

cc -c  -O  -I../.. -DLIBC="/usr/lib/libc.so.2.0"  DynaLoader.c
DynaLoader.c: In function `XS_DynaLoader_dl_error':
DynaLoader.c:20: array subscript is not an integer
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I've tried a number of different things relating to DynaLoader - to no
avail.