Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 1996 09:05:02 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: /etc/netstart and NFS /usr

As Paul Traina wrote:

> However, I had a "interesting" problem last night, and found that
> having a standalone version of "mt(1)" very very very important
> (thank god for /stand).

When i've merged the functionality of the old st(8) program into
mt(1), i've been asking this list about this.  Funny, no response.

People using a tape drive that is correctly supported by the driver,
and who use only dump(8) to backup their files might not need it, but
all other ones will love it.  (The reason: correctly detected drives
will operate with the right blocksize out of the box, and restore has
an option to advance the tape to any tape file.)

--
cheers, J"org