Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 1996 09:29:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Christopher D. Cofer" <cofer@www.cas.unt.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installing Stable on 386/33 No Boot Prompt.

I am trying to install stable on a 386/33 with 20 Meg.  I have correctly
downloaded and checked on another machine the boot.flp.  After the
machine goes through POST it hangs.  The floppy is operational with
other OS boot disks. Has anyone seen this before?

: The MB has CHIPS chipset
: EIDE bios controller by SIIG
: Trident ISA VGA
: DigiBoard PC/16e
: 3com Etherlink III 3c509

The only thing that I was not able to find in the FAQ and posts is the
controller.  Is it supported?  Would it cause my machine to hang?

I wanted to use this machine to do routing between pppd and the network.
I only need to route one ppp connection, so I am not worried about
speed. The digiboard is important for other serial devices.
The machine is currently running linux slakware 3.0 with kernel 2.0.
This is not working very well because of the driver for the digiboard.
I understand that the driver FreeBSD is better, therefore I am trying to
install it.

If the setup performs well, then I will upgrade the system to a faster
machine. Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance...

* Christopher Don Cofer             College of Arts      *
* cofer@unt.edu                       and Science        *
*                              Computer Support Services *