Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 1996 13:04:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        toor@dyson.iquest.net (John S. Dyson)
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD current users)
Subject:   Re: More on VM, swap leaks

John S. Dyson writes:

>>> I have the same problems.
>>
>> I have had other programs die, as well Emacs:-
>>
>> Jun 4 16:05:00 jraynard /kernel: pid 10265 (atrun), uid 0: exited on signal 10
>> Jun 6 23:16:05 jraynard /kernel: pid 148 (innd), uid 8: exited on signal 10

To get back into the fray: since I wanted to do an emacs 19.31 anyway,
I built it, and had the same effects as before.  Like others, I am
pretty sure that this isn't a bad binary.

> No guarantees, but I found a *major* omission in pmap.c.  Replace the
> pmap_object_init_pt routine in pmap.c with the following, and see how
> things go:

Aaaaaahhhh.  Now it works.  Well, at any rate it doesn't die any
more.  I rebooted the system twice and started emacs, and it didn't
die.  That's been the first time for about 2 weeks.  Looks like this
was my problem, anyway.

Greg