Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:24:54 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compiler and network problems since update

[-Stable trimmed]

2 problems :
- PXE booting which does no longer work (I'm myself
investigating the case, as the rc* files for 4.2-Release are broken)

- Signal 11 when building world : this is **usually** the mark of
marginal hardware, which runs ok when no loads are applied
on the system, but fails when a big computation like "make world"
runs. The solution can be : use a better power supply (perhaps
also a stronger one), check your RAM, do not overclock your CPU,
check the fan on the CPU, ...

     TfH

"O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de> on 12/02/2001 13:15:40