Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:52:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      AG <ag@ipfw.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Keyboard not found

Hello,

I recently upgraded to a FIC SD11 Motherboard and an Athlon
chip. Everything went smoothly, and my FreeBSD OS continued to work
perfectly. Unfortunately, I ran into problems with my disk drives, and am
forced to reinstall the OS. However, when I put in the 4.0 boot disks and
reboot, it does not recognize my keyboard. It was recognized fine on the
old 4.0 install. It's a PS/2 keyboard, and I didn't see any conflicts in
the dmesg when the old 4.0 install was present. This confused me, and I
decided to see what 3.4 boot disks did. Same thing, it won't recognize my
keyboard. Also, it gets to a BTX Loader line, and then freezes up. Does
anyone have any clue to what is going on? Any response will be
appreciated.

Thanks,

AG