Date:      Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:50:11 +1000
From:      Michael Vince <michael@roq.com>
To:        Carlos Andrade <candrade@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD64 question

I am using a ASUS A4K
Its a AMD64 3400+ and ATI 9700 (Which benchmarks almost exactly the same
as the newer ATI X600 )
Its a good price as well.
They are on the ASUS web site.
ASUS are quite a reputable brand.
I used to run 5 stable/release on it with little problems (Need to
disable ACPI ) but I am now running 6 Stable and its running great.
In terms of CPU power these laptops are a lot faster then what you can
get from a Intel based Dell laptop (I have done the benchmarks  on both
in FreeBSD)

Also note that ASUS are about to launch a new line of AMD64 Turion notebooks
*Asus A6K - A6000K
And
**Asus A6U - A6700K*
Although they don't look like there a great deal better, although a
Turion CPU would be nice.
http://www.amdboard.com/turion_64_notebook.html

Regards,
Mike