Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2007 05:29:21 +0400
From:      "Ivan B. Serezhkin " <ivan@serezhkin.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   notebook display brightness

Good day.

I bought samsung r70, all the data that I have obtained on the equipment
can be taken from here: http://ivan.serezhkin.com/r70/
After patching DSDT, it compiles well (only one warinig about nvidia
graphics card).
I found a strange problem that I do not want to solve: Fn button-<Lover
bright> and Fn - <Raise bright> only works on the console and  not
working under xorg.

I decide to write wmdockapp that can show and changing the brightness of
the display, but I do not understand how evoke acpi method to obtain
info about brightness and change it.
Also, I am interested in obtaining closing notebook event to execute
some scripts.

Please explain to me where can I find the documentation about
programming acpi in userland in FreeBSD ?

--
Ivan B. Serezhkin