Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:01:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael R. Rudel" <mrr@aerosmith.dyn.ml.org>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De, andreas@klemm.gtn.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current is currently really a mess (was: Re: Tk/Tcl broken(?))

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Satoshi Asami wrote:
[...]

> Nobody said we need to support -current developers because they are
> more valuable than users.  The fact is that many ports developers run
> -current for one reason or another, and there is no reason for me to
> not take their patches and modifications as long as the ports still
> work for -stable.
Well, if they are RUNNING -current, meaning they are (or should be, or
have some clue) a developer, they should be able to port most things on
their own, IMO, so really -current ports shouldn't be of the utmost
prioirty. If someone is running -stable, this means they don't have time
to port it themself, the knowledge, or something else

--
Michael R. Rudel -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- mrr@aerosmith.dyn.ml.org
FreeBSD aerosmith.dyn.ml.org 3.0-CURRENT