Date:      Sat, 03 Oct 1998 10:36:07 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        dmorrisn <dmorrisn@u.washington.edu>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, James Love <love@cptech.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

At 09:01 PM 10/2/98 -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>Ah.  I see, the old "everyone who doesn't agree with me is crazy, and
>I don't need to listen to crazy people" argument.

Not so. However, I refuse to be "trolled" by those who say "you haven't
given any facts," conveniently ignoring that I have.

>If you want to help, then help more
>demonstrably and quit wasting people's time with amounts to little
>more than aimless whining.

Jordan, I could just as well dismiss YOUR protestations as "aimless
whining" if my goal were to attempt to trivialize and/or end the
discussion with nothing resolved. Part of my purpose here
is to see whether Walnut Creek actually WILL get off its duff and
do something, or if the investment must come from without and be
financed by the sale of an alternative release of the software.
This would hurt your employer, but unless things turn around, it may
be the ONLY way to prevent FreeBSD from sinking into obscurity.

--Brett