Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:33:25 +0100
From:      John Marino <freebsd.contact@marino.st>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>,  CyberLeo Kitsana <cyberleo@cyberleo.net>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org Ports" <ports@freebsd.org>, Nicola Vitale <nivit@freebsd.org>, tabthorpe@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LPPL10 license consequences intended? (arabic/arabtex)

It's been a few days and there's been no response to this.
Should I assume that tabthorpe@ read this but is not prepared to review
his work?

if that is the case, what is the step forward here?  All this license
stuff is a black box to me and I'd really like to see someone designated
as the license "guru" (and similarly a legal guru) to give definite
answers to questions like these.  I think that nobody is fully
comfortable with this and everyone expects somebody else to take action.

I would like a ruling on LPPL10 very soon as it potentially affects many
important tex ports.  Who is in a position to make the call?  I hesitate
to mail to portmgr@ because my last 3-4 topics have never been resolved
and mostly ignored by them as a group, so saying "send a message to
portmgr@" is equivalent to telling me to send it to a black hole.
(Hopefully with the turnover it's less like this in the future but so
far it seems the same as always)

I'm not really trying to be provocative but there are a number of
"somebody really should fix that" issues going around but the fixes
aren't getting organized so in the end nothing happens (again, I think
this is do to everyone expecting somebody to organize/lead the effort
before they jump in)

Regards,
John