Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 02:02:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      paulchef@starwon.com.au
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   misc/26727: glob() function bug in ftpd daemon: what is its status in v2.2.7 and v3.4

>Number:         26727
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       glob() function bug in ftpd daemon: what is its status in v2.2.7 and v3.4
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
COVERT labs at PGP security have found a bug in the glob function
for ftpd.  You have said this will be fixed in v4.2.  We are running
v2.2.7 and v3.4 very nicely here.  Is the glob() problem happening in those two versions.  I also believe from reading the notes that this is not a problem in the FTPD daemon but in the actual system glob() function.  Shame on you guys for not separating data and code into different segments like (excuse me) Windows does?