Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2000 19:56:53 -0400
From:      "Gene Bomgardner" <GLBJ@bellatlantic.net>
To:        freeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with nat

 I have a 486 running 3.4. It uses a PPPoE connection over a DSL
connection and runs nat. It's set up to forward any DNS requests to
the ISP. Whenever I run any application out over the Internet
directly from the FBSD box, response is rapid.However, whenever
an application from a Win98 box tries to acess the net, the
response is slower than molasses in January. I've tried setting up
bind on the FBSD box to no avail.

I suppose the first question is what info might I post here to aid in
the resolution of the problem?

thanks - Gene