Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:40:36 -0500
From:      "Steven Fusco" <steve@nhandtech.com>
To:        "Stan Brown" <stanb@netcom.com>, "FreeBSD Emulation" <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Help with Oracle 8 (Linux emulation)

I've had this problem myself and the way I fixed it was the binary under the
staging area worked fine, but the binary that it re-linked under the
installed area core dumped.  The solution was drop to a shell from the
installer and copy the working binary of the same name from the staging area
over the broken one in the install base (/home/oracle or whatever)

Then exit your shell and continue with the install.  There are a few
resources, which were very helpful to me aside from the handbook

http://www.lf.net/lf/pi/oracle/install-linux-oracle-on-freebsd
http://www.scc.nl/~marcel/howto-oracle.html

My problem is Oracle is installed fine, but I can't for the life of me get
PHP to compile -with-oci8=/home/oracle .... It keeps telling me

# apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 239 of /usr/local/etc/apache/apache.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so into server:
/home/oracle/lib/libclntsh.so.1.0: Undefined symbol "slpmprodstab"

If you get PHP working with Oracle you *HAVE* to tell me what you did...
I've been banging my head against a wall for a week.