Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:19:41 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Lister <freebsd-lists@lister.dnsalias.net>
To:        Naga Suresh B <torvalds@addr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: disk running out of space

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Naga Suresh B wrote:
>What might be the problem??? In future how can I overcome this type of
>problems without restarting the service.

Sounds like you moved/rotated/deleted your Apache log file but Apache
still had it open and continued logging to it. The space on disk will not
be freed until everything has closed the file. Check out the rotatelogs(8)
man page that comes with Apache for information about how to properly
rotate its logs.

Ian