Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 12:36:09 -0400
From:      Jamil Taylor <jamil_taylor@pobox.com>
To:        <dwcjr@inethouston.net>, Ian <freebsd@damnhippie.dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4-libraries wont build (fixed)

You know, I was just about to mail the output of a build error I=
 am
running into right now with the XFree86-4 port.  My system has=
 4.02
running right now, and I need to update it to 4.20 for support of=
 my
Radeon video card.

My build consistently fails at the XFree86-4-documents port each=

time:

"Makefile", line 1050: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 1051: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 1100: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 1125: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 1126: Missing dependency operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-documents/work/xc/doc/specs.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-documents/work/xc/doc.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-documents.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4.

This occurred after a fresh (repeated) cvsup of my ports tree.

--
Jamil Taylor, jamil_taylor@pobox.com on 05/08/2002