Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:24:31 -0500
From:      Peter Lai <PeterL@resnet.uconn.edu>
To:        'Gunnar Flygt ' <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>, 'FreeBSD Stable ' <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Can this really be true? FreeBSD not working on IBM T20's

 did you read the comments??

quoted:
"New thinkpad BIOS are using 165 for their own use even though this is used
by FreeBSD for its native file system"

quoted:
"For anybody that hasn't heard, the problem with FreeBSD in this case is
that partition type A5 (which FreeBSD uses) happens to be the value that IBM
is using for their suspend partition. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to
be a really definitive place to register these values (I could be wrong on
that). If you want to use FreeBSD, you need to use a non-default filesystem,
and it should be fine. Just DON'T use A5 on these ThinkPads..."

So use ext2 or some other FS for your freebsd slices!